Writing & Critical Thinking Advisors
Guide students through a structured writing and critical thinking program involving writing instruction and essay review to take their skills from basic to intermediate and advanced.
- Most writing & critical thinking advisors have a professional or academic focus in writing.
- Each advisor is grouped with approximately three sophomore students in a structured program to help take the students’ writing skills from the basic to the intermediate and advanced levels. Advisors review weekly essay assignments and participate in the review of summer program applications.
- Writing & Critical Thinking Program sessions take place approximately two Saturdays per month for two hours (10:00am-12:00pm) from October through May.
- Advisors play a crucial role in fundraising.
- Advisors help to recruit subsequent generations of Minds Matter volunteers and leaders.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours per week from October through May, including approximately two Saturday sessions per month from 10:00am-12:00pm.
Click here to apply to volunteer for Minds Matter of Seattle.